Monday, March 22, 2010

Case Accepted

Well, last Friday I finally (it was a long 3 weeks) had the chance to take a look at my ClinCheck.

Overall, I am really pleased with the results but unfortunately I need like a million attachments. Sure that's a slight exaggeration but I didn't even count. Thinking back, I think it is around 15! Yikes! I was not expecting that. I didn't get the chance to post any pictures because I forgot my camera. (Side note: I never forget my camera but of course this day I did) And, the ortho assistant didn't really know, or want to deal with, messing with the ClinCheck enough to freeze the before and afters and saving and blah, blah, etc. etc. So, I guess I will just have to take pictures of my smile instead....

I am really anxious to get this started. I am already trying to navigate the issues of brushing, flossing, meals, tea and wine. Thankfully, there are enough of us head over heels into the Invisalign process that I can do a quick scan at random blogs to gather thoughts on those things.

They are expecting my trays to be in in about two weeks, which I thought was pretty soon. It looks like my attachments are going to be put on from the beginning, which everyone including myself, thought that was odd considering most cases call to have them put on after a week or two. I'm not really sure what this says about my teeth. As of right now, my proposed treatment includes 20 aligners. I was hoping to get some whitening done before but it looks like I will have to wait till the end of the process.

I am indulging myself for these next couple of weeks, before I end my casual affair with soda and beef jerky.

Letter to the pearly whites:
Oh my dearest dental darlings, I am writing to say that it's time to put a little structure in your lives. I have been disappointed in recent years by your lax attitude. Through my most awkward teenage years however, you did keep me from becoming 'brace face' and for that I am thankful. But the time has come to address your recent wanderings, specifically you Canines.
This time will be short, but I hope to infuse a little discipline back into your roots. You will be delighting no more in soda and the occasional snack. Our meal times will be strict and our hygiene will be even stricter. It is time to get back to religious flossing and thorough brushing after each meal.
I understand that you may get upset, possibly even sore. I ask that you have some restraint and choose not to give me too much pain. We will both be thrilled at the end of this tooth camp.

2 comments:

  1. Hey,

    Very poetic letter. I wouldn’t worry too much as Invisalign is a relatively pain free braces treatment... but that doesn’t mean there won’t be some pain! I bet you can’t wait to achieve the results you saw in the ClinCheck, even if you do have to put up with those darn attachments.

    I thought a link to the http://www.cosmeticdentistryguide.co.uk/ may help you as it has great info about Invisalign and you can also ask dental experts questions about your treatment if anything is worrying you.

    Feel free to pop along and check it out. A link on your blog would also be appreciated if possible.

    Invisalign - http://www.cosmeticdentistryguide.co.uk/invisalign.html

    Experts - http://www.cosmeticdentistryguide.co.uk/experts.html

    Hope the site proves useful, and good luck getting your first aligner in.


    Richard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha... how cute and here I thought I was the only one who wrote odes to my teeth.

    all the best!

    ReplyDelete