Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Aligners In

After a very productive morning into town, I was pleasantly surprised to get a call from my dentist as soon as I arrived back to work. My aligners were in! YEY!! Heading back, I grabbed one last meal on the go before changing my eating habits for the next year.

Well, I was aware from the ClinCheck that the attachments would go in right away but it was still a little surprising. The process was nothing special, painless and took very little time. Two of them did need to be redone in the process because they came off, so I immediately (well as soon as I was able to speak again) asked what were the chances of the them coming off later. I guess there is always a chance, but with so many she said I could just wait till the next appointment to come and fix it. Then, I needed a little filing done so as I waited I noticed that my case had "Invisalign Teen" on it. This really sort of confused me so again, I asked for clarification.

They told me that for the most part they send all their cases as Teen so that they can have the following added features: the Compliance Indicator feature and the possibility of additional refinements during the process as opposed to at the end. I am a little anxious, but I assume that this really will have no big change in the outcome. I did do some research as well to be sure that there were not other really big differences that would lead to a much different experience. All seems pretty standard. We'll see.

Well, its and almost 2 hours in to my first set of and so far not really any pain, just a little pressure. I find myself extremely distracted with the edges and the feel of it in my mouth. I have a slight lisp right now, but hopefully that will go away soon. It's so weird to not just got grab a chocolate in the office candy bowl. It's not worth the snack! Guess that should help with my diet. I promise to try and post pictures soon. I'm thinking that tonight I might file the rough edge a little some.

I am really amazed at just how invisible they are. I thought for sure you would be able to see some. You really have to be up close and personal to notice, even with 17 attachments!!! ( I knew I had missed a few last time)

The story continues. I will post more about the joys of removing and replacing them!

3 comments:

  1. I started my invisalign treatment Apr.14th actually ...I am amazed that you needed 17 attachments, wow! I just got 12 attachments today with my second set of trays. I need to point out that you rteeth really don't look that bad at all, what exactly are you correcting if I may ask??
    How do you feel about the attachments, taking my trays out was really difficult and they still feel really rough when I'm eating. One is so sharp still that it cut my lip!!
    Anyway I am looking forward to seeing your progress!!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, because of their size I assume you can't see just how bad the canines are but they are rotate about 30 degrees or so. Also, I am trying to widen my upper arch a little because I have a few teeth that actually push inward. Both of these problems seem to be gettign worse as well, so I am trying to prevent possible problems a little later. I should have attached pictures from the roof of my mouth but I haven't figured out how to really get a good picture just yet.

    and its actually 15 attachments, for some reason i didn't count when I got them in and when i took my finger around my teeth i counted the indicator as an attachment on the last two molars as an attachment. But, still its a lot I think.

    I really don't keep them out long enough to notice the attachments when my trays aren't in. The are very annoying and I was amazed that I needed that many actually. To be honest I was hoping for the express treatment but I think its that rotation that is gonna be a little tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want that my teeth would get aligned that is why i use invisalign just to achieve it..

    invisalign wexford

    ReplyDelete